With the use of ATT email, you will be able to communicate across the world with the help of emails. It’s a fact that email helps to sign up for virtually all websites. Besides that, you have to buy products online. An email account is automatically created when you configure the ATT email account. There are number of accounts that users of ATT email can maintain. Actually, they can have up to ten email accounts through their AT&T plan. Because Outlook is able to support multiple email accounts. Hence by making proper changes in ATT email outlook settings you can access all the account from one account.
Steps of Set up of ATT Email Outlook Settings
If you are the one who wishes to make changes in the settings of the account for proper setup of ATT email in outlook then these steps will be useful for you. You have to just ensure that you follow each step properly. There should not be missing of any step, if you forget or mess up a single step then you can’t complete the process and suffer problem. Whenever you try to follow the steps and you found that you are unable to complete it properly then without delay contact ATT email support team. The experts will guide you each step and make you understand it in detail. So, that you are able to complete the process properly. Here are the steps that you have to follow for proper set up:
- You need to firstly open Microsoft Outlook on your device. The Outlook 2010 users must click on “File” present on the top menu bar. After that you have to choose “Info” and then “Account Settings” for going to the next steps.
- In the next step of making changes in the ATT email outlook settings you have to choose “Account Settings” again. If you are an Outlook 2007 user then you need to click “Tools” on the top menu bar. Once you click on that, now select “Account Settings” from the list.
- Now, a screen will appear from where you have to select the “Email” tab and then click the “New” button. Further, you must click the radio button next to “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP. Finally, click “Next” for proceeding with the further steps.
- In the next step, you have to check the box next to “Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Again, you should “Click “Next” and choose “Internet Email”. Finally click on “Next” for completing the steps without any problem.
What are the changes made in outlook settings?
After making changes in the set up of the ATT email, you have to make the required changes in the ATT email outlook settings for completing the process. Again, there are set of steps that you have to follow without a fail. Though, you can always avail help in the process so that there is no difficulty in completing the set up and you are able to enjoy the features altogether. Here are the steps:
- After choosing the internet email now, you have to enter your name and email address in the “User Information” fields Under “Server Information,” after that choose “POP3” from the drop-down box.
- There you have to type “pop.att.yahoo.com” into the “Incoming Mail Server” field and again type “smtp.att.yahoo.com” into the “Outgoing Mail Server” field. Further, you must enter your user name and password into the “Logon Information” fields. If you forget the information or there is any confusion in this process make sure to give a call in ATT email helpline number.
- The login information that you enter must be valid as that is the details that you will use to access your webmail. Check the box to remember your password because if you forget the password then you can’t login. Then click the “More Settings” button.
- Next, for the advanced settings, you need to select the “Outgoing Server” tab. After that check the box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. At last click the radio button next to use same settings as incoming mail server.
- Now, you have to select the “Advanced” tab. Then check the box next to “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL). In this case field number should automatically change to “995”, If it doesn’t, then you have to change the field number to “995.” You can always get help of experts if you want to know how to change the field number.
- Finally, change the “SMTP” field to the number “465” and select “SSL” from the drop-down box and then click “OK.” After that click the “Test Settings” button to make sure that everything starts working properly. At last, click “Next” and then “Finish.”
You need to follow the mentioned steps of ATT email outlook settings properly. Then you can complete the process without any difficulty and further enjoy accessing the emails.